January 21, 2014

Winter Advance Youth Camp

Have you ever tried to make an impact on another person’s life, yet ended up being changed yourself?


This last weekend I was at a youth camp leading worship with my band. I went there to be a leader and have an impact on the junior high and high school kids. While I was there I met a girl. Her life was a mess to say the least; she was full of pain and questions. I saw me in her. I saw her searching for answers to questions that I have been asking. I pulled her aside and talked to her. She opened up and told me about her life. I was shocked; such a young girl, but so much pain. I couldn't answer her questions. I feel like I left her without much hope. But I left her with a few words and verses from the Bible and I prayed for her. I don’t know what else I can do. She was looking for answers; she poured herself out to me. I pulled her out to help her, but instead she helped me. She has impacted my life in a way I could never explain; I won’t even try to. If you feel called, please pray for her. She is hurting and there is nothing I can do right now. All I can do is pray, and ask you to pray for her. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so heavy. I've been praying for her. There was a guy I met in my church... and I actually saw myself in him... we both have lately been dealing with hardship that kind of left with emotional baggage.... so I know what you've been through

    ReplyDelete

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.