Last weekend was a very exciting one that has made me think more about what I want to do to further my education.
Friday I debuted the song that I wrote, Alone, at our school's Hebrew House Show (talent show). It was terrifying. The performance itself was not terrifying, but opening up to the whole school about my past. I put myself out there to be criticized. However, I have only received positive feedback and I am very happy that I could share this song to inspire people.
Saturday I presented a paper at the Evangelical Missiological Society (EMS) Northwest meeting in Portland. My paper was on Ethnodoxogy in East and Central Africa. If you feel like reading a 4,500 word paper (about 9 single spaced pages), then you can do so here.
The presentation was approximately an hour long. It was a very great experience. Even though it was one of the most tiring and stressful things I have done, it was so worth it. I learned so much from the process and from hearing everyone else's papers.
My goal is to start writing regularly again. This summer, Christopher and I are going to Alaska for an internship. There are still a lot of details that we are working out, so more information next week.





No comments:
Post a Comment