June 7, 2015

Week 1: Busy, busy, busy...

Well, this week has been a crazy one for sure. I flew out of Spokane last Friday and arrived at my cousins' house that evening. Flying into Denver we had to circle around to the opposite side because of a storm. 
After spending a few days resting and exploring with my cousins, I got on the plane to Little Rock, Arkansas. 
The ride was very interesting. I could see a storm coming in and the Rocky Mountains in the distance. Then we got up above the clouds and flew over the flattest land I have ever seen. It must have been Kansas or something. 
Then, after a stop in Dallas, we flew on to Arkansas. Once we got into Arkansas there was so much water and greenery. 
I was very pleased to see mountains on the horizon again. Sometime I need to get out to them and explore.
After many hours of travel I finally arrived in Little Rock...
and got settled in my new home. Jean and Gary helped me get unpacked then took me to dinner. I was well ready to go to sleep that night when the time came. 
On the other side of the building is the state police headquarters. I guess no partying in the parking lot for me. 
Tuesday I got up, studied and set up the Sunday School room. Then we had a meeting with the Sunday School coordinator, then dinner with a volunteer teacher from the church. 
Wednesday we worked on the room more and taught how to teach a Bible lesson at a small group. We also got to visit the CEF office. 
It was actually more like a cubical, but it was fun to work in a real office. On Saturday I worked in the office making CYIA brochures for a few hours by myself. That was pretty cool. 
Friday thru Saturday Jean and Gary were gone, so I stayed at a board member's house. I actually spent more time at the office than there, but it was good to be staying with someone. 
Last night I was trying to finish up all the last minute things that I had put off Friday. Let's just say I did not get a lot of sleep last night between working on stuff and worrying too much to sleep. This morning I was in charge of making sure two Sunday School classes ran smoothly. It was the first week of doing a GNC for Sunday School at that church, but considering that I was the blind leading the blind I would say it went pretty well. There are many kinks to work out, but it was just the first week. Tonight we are going to a little city outside of Little Rock to teach a youth group and promote CYIA. 
Thank you all so much for all your prayers and financial support. Thanks to you I will not be needing to get a job while I am here this summer and can comfortably survive. Prayers are still very much needed as I know that life will not be getting any less busy this week. Pray that I could:
Get enough restful sleep
Keep healthy
Be growing in my Spiritual walk
Do everything to the best of my ability and to the Glory of God!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.