I guess you could say that this week was also very busy. Just a few weeks ago I was wondering what to write, but now I am wondering where to start. Let's start at the very beginning. (A very good place to start)
Last Sunday night we did a training for a youth group. That went really well. I forgot how much I love working with teens. They were great and seemed to really pick it up quickly.
Monday we started working on the details of CYIA. We figured out the schedule and who would teach what. Now just to get some students signed up. Please pray for that. We have been talking to many people, but no one has committed to coming. We have everything ready, but no students yet.
This week I also made some amazing food. I am an amazing cook. Ha Ha Ha. French toast is the best.
And I found a scooter!
It needed some fixing up, but now it works pretty well. Still needs some care, but works great for riding around in the building.
Thursday we took a trip to NW Arkansas. We got to visit a 5-Day Club on Thursday. It was really great to see how much CEF is growing in the state.
At night I got to stay at a very nice house in the country. It was so wonderful to just listen to how quiet everything was at night and enjoy the fireflies. YES! I saw fireflies! They are REAL!
Then waking up to this amazing view was so refreshing. The back window looked over into Oklahoma and Cherokee territory.
Then I got to ride a horse. I am now regretting my decision. I guess I need to ride more. Walking is hard today.
Of course we took some time to study...
And eat some amazing food. This was called a Chocolate Mess. Even the glass was covered in chocolate. I was unable to finish it all unfortunately.
On Saturday I attended the CEF of NW Arkansas committee meeting. I got to share my testimony and hear about the work that CEF is doing in NW AR. It was so encouraging to see these people fired up to reach the children. It was great that even though they were just going through the "boring stuff" they still kept the focus on the children. They always talked about why they were there.
Thank you all so much for reading my ramblings. Please continue to pray for:
15 Students to sign up for CYIA
Energy
Homesickness/culture shock to not be so strong













Hello Mariah. Its great to hear what you are up to. We can pray for each other. Next week Kevin Keziah and i are going to eastern oregon for a local vbs, mission trip and Sara is going to the Navajo nation, so is Zac and his wife Lindsay. Kiana is holding down the fort here. I was in Ark. A couple of years ago at this time. Glad you got some peace before the business hits
ReplyDelete