August 25, 2013

CMI Week 0: Part 2

I have now been here at CMI a total of 98 hours (three full days and two half days). Thursday was orientation day and we got to figure out our schedule, learn how to survive, connect to the internet, and we got a tour of the world headquarters of CEF.
 We had our first day of classes on Friday. The classes were very good and we already have a practicum (getting up in front of the class and demonstrating what we have learned) on Monday.  
First Day of Classes
Saturday was a free day and a whole bunch of younger people and I went to Cabella’s , which turned out to be in a mall, and then went to Fizoli’s (for all my North West friends, Fizoli’s is a fast food Italian place). When we got home we hung out in the student lounge and played video games and chatted.
Drying the Laundry
Today is Sunday. The day started out with the cook setting off the fire alarm while I was still sleeping. We all had to evacuate the building and everything, the oven had broken and had set it off, but there was no fire. That does mean though that we don’t have an oven. We also went to church. Going to church here made me miss my home church. We happened to come on a big potluck day so we got well fed, which was really good because the cooks here had to be really creative with out on oven.

Another thing I did today was laundry. Maybe I should have done that earlier or brought more clothes, because I realized I was all out of clean casual clothes. Right now I’m just waiting for all my clothes to dry out so I can get out of my I-should-have-washed-my-clothes-before-they-were-all-dirty outfit. 


             
Socks Drying 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.