 |
| Studying for my Bible Lesson Practicum |
This week has been a long, but awesome week. Our day starts with breakfast at 6:45am and classes start at 7:45. We start with prayer and devotions, then at 8:30 we start classes. This week we have been taking Teaching Children Effectively 1 (TCE 1). In TCE 1 we learned more about how to teach kids. One way that the teachers make sure we are getting it is through our practicums, we had three this week. We had to present a Memory verse using a certain method, the wordless book, and a Bible lesson. We also had worksheets that my teachers looked over and discus with me how it could be improved. My Bible lesson evaluator told me the day before I presented it that she know I could do well so she we going to be hard on me. That made me nervous, but also made me want to not let her down. I got A's on all three assignments.
Also this week was our first room inspection. I passed. I know it's a shock, but I really did.
 |
| Room Inspection Pass :) |
This week has not been all work and no play though; I have had a lot of free time as well. I have been able to go swimming, watch movies, hang out, and play games. Saturday we got to go play demolition ball. It was a cross between bumper cars, lacrosse, and basketball. It was a lot of fun. We also had a Diet Coke and Mentos war.
 |
| A large Millstone |

Even with all the people around, it can still get rather lonely. I have been happy to receive a few letters so far and I have been able to talk to friends and family back home on the phone and on Skype.

Another thing that is really awesome to think about it that I am at the World Headquarters of CEF. It is awesome. They have a room devoted to prayer, they also have a court yard that has the flag of every state and they pray for each state. Shown in the pictures, there is also the big flag circle that has flags of around the world. It shows which areas CEF is in and where they are not. There is also a big millstone with this verse on it: "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to
sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and
he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

Thank you so much for your prayers, I really appreciate them.
Please continue to pray for me, pray that I will be able to keep up, learn a lot, and have fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment