October 27, 2013

CMI Week 9: Thoughts head home

This week we have been learning how to write a newsletter and promote our ministry.  I really enjoyed this week. We got to actually write a newsletter for class, which I thoroughly enjoyed doing. (If you want to get a copy of the newsletter just let me know where to send it to. I can send it old-fashioned snail-mail or email.) I really enjoy the whole designing thing. To be honest, one of the reasons I really like this blogging thing is that I get to design the page. Another thing that has made this last week fun has been that I got most of my homework done on Tuesday; that really helped relive some of the stress of the week. 
Saturday I spent the whole day doing nothing. I sat in one place and played around with designing a website, designing another blog for our band, Skyping, editing pictures, and watching movies.
A photo that I have worked on this week (with help :) )
I feel pretty bad about wasting a whole day doing nothing and not talking to anyone, but I enjoyed it a lot. I think I might have needed that down time. One thing that I did starting thinking of (again) is how close going home is. I have 20 days till I get to see all my people back home and sleep at home and not have classes hanging over my head. Then of course we have Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Christmas coming up (and if you know me, you would know that I love holidays.) (I would start listening to Christmas music in September if my family would let me). 

When I get back I will start working with CEF more and be working toward becoming the director of Douglas County, but more about that in the newsletter. 
This week we will be working on a promotional for CYIA, I have to write out an outline by Tuesday, My power Point by Wednesday, and then I have to present it on Friday. Please pray for the practicum on Friday. It is our last practicum! 

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to see you again! I drove The Button into town yesterday morning just to remind it that it is a car. It was lonely and needed some kind words and tender love.
    It is good to have a down time new and then. Very important!!
    Laters
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.